Thursday, February 3, 2022

lost at sea


Artist: Oliva Block
Album: Heave To 
Genre(s): ambient, avantgarde, abstract, wtf

I appreciate this album a little bit more each time I try to finish it. The key word is try. I still haven't yet. For me at least, it is always a difficult listen. But I want to finish it because I think the atmosphere and presentation are insanely immersive. Perhaps that is why I can't finish it. Much like a boat in the middle of the sea, I am completely surrounded by waves of noises and cold intensity. It feels like drowning. The sounds are frigid and unforgiving and indifferent - devoid of any warmth, much like a stormy sea. Whether this is good or bad or if I like it or not is kinda moot here. I don't think that is the artist's intention to make something that is enjoyable to listen to - rather it is her intent to present the feeling of being at sea, being surrounded by powerful waves, icy air, and your own loneliness.

EDIT: FINALLY FINISHED THIS JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

a history of hauntings pt 1

As emotional as I may seem to people, I am a fairly logical person. I always defer to established facts and science, even for phenomena that...