Friday, February 4, 2022

it was always you


when the universe was created
we were two stars
that collided
turning into the stardust that would mingle and come together
turning into a solitary rock
sailing through time and empty blackness
turning into the asteroid
that ended everything on earth
turning into dirt
that would give life to trees
turning into fruit
that would be eaten by eve
turning into sons daughters families 
rulers dregs cities countries
people without consequence
or significance 
turning into migration
traveling far far
away from each other
for years
decades
centuries
turning into time
turning into an American soldier who fell in love 
with a girl in Vietnam
turning into vows in Harga Kyra
turning into me
and turning into you

when we died as stars we lost the starlight forever
or so I thought because when we reunited 
you put the stars back in my eyes
and 
I hope
that put the stars back in yours

No comments:

Post a Comment

a history of hauntings pt 1

As emotional as I may seem to people, I am a fairly logical person. I always defer to established facts and science, even for phenomena that...